Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Two Days of Hell

Indeed the past two days have been just awful. There were bright random happy moments, but for the most part it was hell.  As I've mentioned in several posts :P  I finally woke up this morning without a migraine!!! I was so very excited. It almost came back when I was sitting at work and realized my vision was incredibly blurry. I took pills and then ate lunch (even though I wasn't hungry) and Ta da! It went away.  For the moment.

So, Miley Cyrus is engaged with a 3.5K Diamond Ring. And all I could think was geez... that could probably pay for my house.  I need to be famous. Or win the lottery.  Or have some great relative I barely know leave me money. :( It's just depressing, when I think of having to go in debt to earn my degrees or pay for my house.  Maybe I could start one of those website were random people give me money. And yes, I saw one for a couple who wished to buy their dream home but needed money for a down payment. You could donate through paypal. Really? I would feel terrible asking for it.  Yet, the world sometimes just feels so very unfair when you work your butt off, manage your money, and try so hard to do what's right, and others get money though such simple things or lucky breaks.  Or just being a terrible actress *ahem Kristen Stewart*

That's my depressing rant for the day.  On the plus side, I loved that yesterday I finished my Mary Boleyn book.  I also started and made it about halfway through, The Good, The Bad and The Undead which is second in the Rachel Morgan Series.  I love reading, and it was so crazy today when I saw an article on financial mistakes young people make today. One of those was buying books when most you can get at the library or download for free.  I'm sorry, but I LOVE books. I often buy them secondhand through libraries or on sale, and it is something I will never stop doing.  On the better side it was the only mistake I was apparently making :P   -- http://www.momseveryday.com/home/money/headlines/money-mistakes_156337625.html





4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I love books. I love looking at my bookshelf and just admiring all the books I own and how the spines look so colorful. I think, however, he should've mentioned for people with that problem to give up another hobby. Besides, I buy books off Amazon most days when they're having huge sales since I'm a prime member - free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Yeah well... I go to B&N, but to be fair the books I've bought lately have been the first in about a semester and a half except for the Hunger Games... which actually my hubby bought me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you know, or really shop online, but if you're a student, you get a prime membership to amazon for free for six months. Free shipping for prime items (which is basically anything) and they have huge sales a few times a year. That's how I get all my books nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... Ooooh I didn't know. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete