Friday, June 15, 2012

Rant. Major Rant.

Soo, I was hanging out with Heather today after work waiting for my father-in-law to get off work. He was going to meet me at Lowes to special order a door for my bathroom and to look about getting the stuff to fix the wall and tile the floors. It was finally going to be put in motion.  While waiting I scored some awesome wall decals at Target on sale. I saved like thirty dollars so I am super excited. Pictures will be posted as soon as they are applied. One will be put up tomorrow because I only had to wait ten days for the paint to dry for it. The other has to wait for my new heaPldboard. More on that later.

Heather and I go to Panera to eat supper (which reminds me, I need to update my food diary), and I get a call from my husband. His car has broke down on the side of the road. Literally just dead.  Quite a while back instead of buying a new car, his father and him decided they could rebuild the engine in his aspire because he loooves that car. Which would be cool if his father wasn't pulled in ninety thousand directions and more importantly any time he has in our direction really needs to be spent on the house. -sighs- I lose this fight of just buying a car then and rebuilding his engine on the side. So what happens? He doesn't keep oil it and BAM! Dead. So now we are buying a car. And guess what that means? MY BATHROOM IS PUT ON HOLD! AGAIN! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!

Ahem. I felt really bad because I was so very pissed I could barely talk about anything else in a happy manner. Heather was still with me. So Heather, I greatly apologize.  We continue eating, and the husband calls back that that said father is wanting to attempt to at least drive it to our house and I need to go pick him up. I tell him he has to wait for me to buy my book at Barnes and Noble. He gives up and says fine. Luckily a friend saw him on the side of the road and took him home so I continued to hang out and complain at Barnes and Noble. It's probably a good thing I didn't see him immediately.

Then I realize that he will have to drive my car this weekend to go to work. GRR! Then I realize that he has to go with me next week because it will probably take at least a couple weeks to find a car. Which means he has to leave with me at 6:30 in the morning then sit around at work till he leaves. And I get to wait on him till he leaves at 10:00 pm that night. Really really pissed. I mean, I have my new puppy to play with darn it! And I seriously need to EXERCISE!  I'm also trying to figure out just how exactly he will get to walmart as he has to be there at three, and I don't get off at four. Which mean he'll probably take my car and I'll have to beg a ride to walmart. -sighs- I continued to stay pissed off all afternoon, as it cost fifty dollars to tow his car since it cannot be driven whatsoever. On a good note, it is now my father-in-law's project and we allowed to pay for nothing to finish it so one day Sean will get his car. On a bad note - oh wait I already ranted all of that. Said Father-in-law then made a joke about the weight I've gained because I was talking about it yesterday. Which pissed me off but the man does SO much for us I didn't say anything just went in my room, closed the door and screwed screws in the wall for my scarf holders. Yep.

Hales called and finally scheduled to give me an estimation tomorrow to cut down the two dead trees. Thank goodness because I had so much anger built up already after waiting a freaking week to hear from them when I've called twice that after this day they probably wouldn't like me much if I had had to call again. Which this is mostly steam and I say things like this and I would have just been as nice as you please anyways. Father in law bought us pizza. Dang it. It's impossible to stay annoyed with him for anything.

On a better note, when talking to my brother-in-law about getting pallets to make my headboard, he already has the stuff and was planning on building it all himself. I did not know this as I was planning on attempting it, but that is much better and very sweet of him. Now hopefully no injuries will occur.  As of now, I've done laundry and cleaned a bit. Going to wake up in the morning, do the dishes, clean some more, do more laundry and go from there. That is the plan. Also planning on finishing Sacre Bleu tonight. I'm officially in a competition with Heather for the amount of reading we do :P She'll probably win.

I talked to my friend Nikki who was in Africa doing an Animal Management class. She has amazing pictures and bought me a 100% silk scarf. I'm incredibly envious, and can't wait to see her when she gets back next week to hear all about it and secretly plot on how to get her back or go to another country. Or do something. Just geez.  Plus, of course my goals are sadly not being accomplished and I'm going to cry over my lack of french and any attempt to take the GRE (I forgot it was 160 dollars... and now all this... GRR).

End Rant.

Again, thanks Heather for putting up with me :) You rock. Also thanks to my brother in law who will probably never read this but is also awesome. In general, thanks to all such cool people who be related to me or are my friends and love me! I love you too!

2 comments:

  1. I liked seeing you angry - just humanly. I did not mind. Everyone needs someone to rant to, Fallon, no harm done. At least you weren't ripping out my hair. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks. I have never ripped out hair, so I'm not so sure how that would go. Would probably just hurt my wrist and end up screaming about that :P

    ReplyDelete