Sunday, June 24, 2012

Singing in the ... Sun?

Well, things are finally starting to look up. Yesterday I saw Brave, which is a wonderful movie. I cried twice. It has a great twist in it that I hadn't been expecting and I just really overall loved the message of the movie. I even got the soundtrack! If you are able to go see a movie - see Brave!!

Other than that, I have decided on something new for my future. My studying of the language French has not been going so well, which is only my fault. However, my job possibilities with a History masters is ... pretty much invisible it's so small. My dream and future is still to be an historian and a professor but I'm going to take a much more practical road to it. After I graduate in the Spring, which I will do by god!, I am going to pursue a Student Affairs Master. This will allow me to get a job at WKU in many different areas, as well continuing what I am currently doing tutoring and working with students. I love my job now, and I wouldn't mind it seeing progressing even further. Once I have a job at WKU, I can take two free classes a semester, which means that I can pursue my History masters as well as an English masters for free! While making good money!!!! So, I am currently very excited about this and I shall begin the planning and networking needed to be successful at it.

Wish me luck! I am trying to gather the strength to shower which I know will hurt because I am so sunburnt. -sighs- I am not looking forward to this. Even my scalp itches. Next Sunday, knitting lessons begin with my sister and Heather! It shall be fun. I do not know if it is something I can manage because of my carpal tunnel but I think I may try. We shall seeeee. My sister and I found a Jane Austen Knitting Magazine and I told her Heather needed to see it. She found Heather knitted by hand and it went from there. It should be fun. I saw Heather and her sister Amanda when they came out of the theater from watching Brave. She also loved it :)

Well, I'm off. Going to try to figure out what to wear today that won't hurt like the dickens. Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment