Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Promised Epicness

All right, my friends. I have been lazy (or busy) and not posted a blog yet. Heather needs Facebook to see all my pictures dang it.   I have about 400. I'm cool like that.  There were actually less than normal because I had seen all of DC before, and the Ren Faire was so crowded it was hard to get a picture of anything.

So, Friday we all went to DC.  We went to the museum, which was awesome of course. I had been before but they had some new exhibits. Such as the snake from long ago that was 49 feet long. Creepy and such.  The normal underwater stuff, mammal hall and all that jazz was there.  We went and looked at everything, I took some pictures, yada yada.  Then, we hiked back to the car, then back to the greenery, and ate an awesome picnic.  I also saw the sight for the new African American Culture museum coming in 2015.  Yep. It was a giant hole.  After that, it was on to the Washington Monument which was completely closed off because of the earthquake this summer. You could see a few giant cracks in it. Fun fun.  We couldn't even get into the circle around it.  Twas sad.  Then Stephie, Becky and I managed to have a giant laugh fest.  There was even another tourist looking at us and laughing and I think he snapped some pictures.  Twas fun.  After that we hiked towards the white house and the front was completely closed off.  We headed towards the side and came to a protest of hippies and anarchists.  They were screaming "F*** Obama 1, F*** Obama 2, F*** Obama 3" and a few other things as well as "1, 2, 3, 4, we declare a class war, 5, 6, 7, 8, ... something something something."  Really lovely people. One guy even flipped us off. Pah.  After that we headed to the Lincoln memorial and were all about to die.  We managed that and some girl began singing an opera song in one corner. It sounded really amazing actually - good acoustics.  The reflection pool was drained for some reason.  We barely made it back to the jeep.

The next day, was the Ren Faire!  Sadly, because of construction and a new overwhelming amount of people, we were in traffic for an hour when we were literally about 2 miles away from it.  There were so many cars it was ridiculous and I don't know how they weren't braking fire marshal code. They were supposed to be limiting ticket sales but the place was bloody packed and we actually wound up near the farmhouse which I didn't think ever happened.  I want to own a Renaissance village on my property. I would throw parties all the time :P  The faire was fun, and Sean and I tried some new foods. Watched another joust, which I think is losing its magic.  We explored shops and different things and I didn't even buy anything.  On the way up however I found out that my car is pretty jacked.  Apparently the gas I got that night at Minit Mart was crap (My sister in law saw them sweeping trash into it earlier - yay me) and it's bad - Richard says it smells bad even. So there is probably junk in my tank and the lines.  Forty bucks wasted.  Then, the fuel injectors are screwed up. I'm losing oil somewhere.  Yeah, yeah. There are even hoses that need replacing and my exhaust is messed up.  So, I'm probably taking a loan out from the bank and getting a new car and maybe even a second job.

We went home and watched Mamma Mia. It was pretty funny, but sometimes the music just seemed forced.  I LOVED the video at the end however. Toooo funny. And the guys dancing on the beach.  Ah, so funny.  We lounged on the couch and eventually went to sleep. Left at 6ish the next morning, and another 13 hour drive home. I actually managed to sleep for some of this one. I miss my mummy. 

So I'm looking for a car. Keep that in mind.

And school starts back tomorrow.

Darn it.

That's about it for this fun blog. I'm tired, so it probably isn't all that epic and I apologize. More later. Bye oh fellowship.

2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeee the second picture.
    And I'm jealous of the snake exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty dadgum awesome.http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/sn/show.do?show=140671

    ReplyDelete