Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Glad I'm an English Major

Sooo, today we had this awesome Fall Festival for Potter College Arts and Letters kids. I'm a Double English History major. I qualify twice! BOO YA!  So, I was very excited.  I had a midterm in one class, and my last one was canceled. I was super happy about this because it meant that I would make it in time for a free shirt. WHICH HAS A WHITE SQUIRREL ON IT! Which is awesome because yesterday I needed such a shirt.  Life is good.  There were pumpkins, caramel apples, sweets, funnel cakes, music, prize giveaways, wacky photos with drama props, musical instruments and all kinds of stuff.  Tons of fun.

In other news, Hobbit tickets go on sale on November 7th.  I shall buy them at midnight.  Yes, that's right. I will.  Morgan and I are going, as well as my hubby.  Anyone else wanna meet us there and be uber nerds? We are also thinking about a Hobbit/LOTR party.  I can buy this awesome trivia book and we can go CRAZY!  .... Yeah. I'm a nerd. But I love it.

Friday I'm staying home and skipping my only class and training.  I don't feel like being in Bowling Green for twelve hours when I only need to do 12 hours worth of crap and I can spend my time more efficiently at home. I made a 74 on my Eng Lit midterm because I forgot an author completely and did a few dumb blonde things.  No fun, no fun. I must kick my butt in gear. I'm actually proud because I managed to study, research magic, research grad school and a few other random things this morning. Goooo me!

After the fall festival, my wonderous friend Heather drove me to B&N, then I met up with Morgan. We rambled about school, life, the past, the future and whatever else randomly popped into our heads. It was awesome. We also lost the battle with the smelly sweet utter awesomeness coming from the cafe and bought baked goods. Which reminds me that I have a cinnamon scone in my backpack for breakfast. Yum yum. Maybe I'll even make hot tea in the morning.  I love it!  We need colder weather, darn it.  Kentucky is such a tease.

I'm pretty sure I realized there was something I really needed to blog about. And then I forgot... OH!  MY BATHROOM IS BEING REDONE! Hopefully next weekend. We've even bought the tile.  It's getting all ripped out - except the tub - and new floors, stuff for the wall, fixing the toilet, and such and such.  Quarter round will be put down, I'm going to install my shelves, and a vanity. I'll have a sink again! The hole above the shower is going to be closed up.  I'm going to get a thing-a-ma-jig (hopefully) to go over the toilet on the wall. It'll be beautiful.  I'm so darn excited I can't stand it.

We took Mrs. Fuzzbutt to the vet.  He says it could have been a change in her environment (there hasn't been one) or just something aggravated her. He's seen cats just pull their fur out off and on for no reason. He loved my description of her being a diva. We gave her a shot of cortisone to help her out and maybe that will help. If she doesn't get her fur back we're calling her Mrs. Grumpy Butt.

5 comments:

  1. Double major...a brave soul :-) GREAT blog BTW!! I hope you don’t mind me visiting :-) it’s always good to find other Kentucky bloggers!! keithawynn2011.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all :) Thanks for checking me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. You're a very talented writer and this blog is awesome :-)

      ~Keith

      Delete