Friday, October 19, 2012

Remembering to be Thankful

I was going to write this post that was all depressing and talking about how life is getting to me right now because school is stressful, work is work, my house is never going to be fixed up (or at least it feels like it), dead car, blah blah blah... And then Heather posted a blog in response to what I wrote on my last post. I love it so much, I'm quoting it:

"Is one person to sit there and feel depressed because a stranger who knows nothing about their past life or who they are? They know nothing of how wonderful a person you are, how you take in friends, how you high five after dorky jokes, how your hair is naturally straight, how you help anyone when they ask, how you have a loving, but smartassey husband, how you love penguins to a freakish point, how you love practically anything purple, how you love cupcakes, how you love heels and socks, how you can't cook, how you have cloaks and dresses, how you go to nerdy festivals, and how you love everyone.
I fucking hate when you don't feel good enough to have someone see your face.
People love you and those people know you.
No one with you right now is judging you on what catches their eye because you're not fake.
You are a genuine person.

This blog is dedicated to Fallon who 
posted this."

 There was more to it than that, but that's the part where I start crying.  I know my life is crazy stressful right now, but I need to stop and be thankful more often. So thank you Heather, for you helped remind me of this and you are a incredibly awesome friend. I am very glad that I met you during the book club (you know, when it was ... the two of us, best book club ever.)  Thanks for high fiving me back and getting my dumb nerdy jokes. I cannot say thank you enough.

I also have some great people who care about me, and love me for me.  Just in general, I want to thank them. There are some truly awesome people that have always been in my life, that I busted the bubble of and made them join my crazy world, and that have come into it recently, that truly mean the world to me.  I will always be there for them, and I thank them for being there for me.

Walking around today, I noticed that smiling at people often gets them to smile back.  And I remember one day when I really needed a smile and a person did that for me.  So I'm going to try to stop complaining as much, and worrying as much, and hold Heather's words close to my heart.  Maybe if I start looking up, things will get better.  I'm usually a positive person and I've been losing that lately.  I hate to do that.  So, darn it, cupcakes and Eiffel Towers shall abound among the kitty cats, and I'm going to be happy.

Thank you. Just... Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, remember that.

    And eiffel towers! Dammit, didn't add that in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too :) Hey, you forgot cats too :P Can't get me all in one paragraph, see. I'm just too awesome. (dies laughing in the background)

    ReplyDelete