Thursday, May 31, 2012

Culprit of Random Staring

So, after work today I went and shopped for stuff to paint with. I did this with my friend Heather.  In Barnes and Noble I realized I was staring at a shelf thinking about a book I knew wasn't there.

Me: "Why am I staring at this shelf like the book is magically going to appear?"
Heather: "You do it alot actually. I just don't say anything."

Huh. Who knew? For our oh so funny cell phone tie convo see Heather's blog :)

So, on a different note, I now have green paint for the room, paint stirrers and rollers.  Heather's dad is being awesome and letting us borrow all the various tools I need to do the rest.  I also have a new bedroom light fixture (as I do not have one) which will be installed tomorrow and a plug thingamajig for the hole and wires in the wall.  Ah, after a year my bedroom will be BEAUTIFUL! (We are ignoring the poor ruined hardwood floors.) I'm buying wall art (you know, the awesome decals that can be removed?) of tree branches to go over my bed, and birds to fly on the opposite wall. Pictures will be posted. Heather is coming to help me paint. She's staying Saturday night and we are beginning early Sunday morning.  I'm also painting my utility room.  Ooooh I just can't wait!!!!!!!

Come to think of it... I should have named this blog: Historian in Progress: A story of a college girl with a house that needs lots of renovations.  I talked about that more than anything else.... hmmm...

 

 As you know, we have been building my dog pen, and today I decided to work on cleaning out the shed. oh my god, I didn't realize how filthy it was.  On a worse note, I also managed to stab myself in the foot with a nail, through about five inches of crap and my favorite shoe :(  Luckily it barely hit.  Unluckily, THEY ARE MY FAVORITE SHOES!!!  Ahem... On a positive note, I found these absolutely beautiful handles for cabinets that the former owner bought a whole bucket of.  I called and he said I could have as many as I needed for whatever. They have scroll work... oh they look antique.  It started pouring rain, but I will take pictures.  I can't wait for those, even if they do need cleaning!!!

Anything else happen today?  Hmm... I made an awesome bulletin board for work.... Ate Chick-Fil-A... That stuff is awesome, I don't know why I don't eat more of it...

Well, I'm going to go back to playing around on the computer and listening to the rain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment