Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Undescribable and Unforgettable

Since I think my sister would kill me if I put a pic of us on here, here I am before the show!
So, Riverdance was utterly amazing. My sister and I both got shirts, and I bought the CD.  The sound and lighting was fantastic as were the performers.  I almost started crying when the show began I was so happy, and I smiled like an idiot throughout the entire performance.  The main singer had a beautiful, heart rending voice.  Sadly, the show has been cut down in size since about 18 months ago, and things like the Russian dancers are gone.  There are however on most of the DVD's, I know they are on the Live in Beijing dvd, and if you want the full show I watched in my childhood, buy this:

Riverdance DVD: Live from Radio City Music Hall

It also has the full orchestra, and at our performance there were only four people playing the instruments.  Still, this was one of the best nights of my life, and I will remember seeing it forever.  I am so thankful for my mother helping me to go, and that I did not miss out on one of their final performances.  Even better, the guys selling shirts and other things were Irish and I got to hear their accents! 

In other news, not much going on. I'm reading, working and starting on some books recommended by my teacher to learn some French Renaissance history, so I can decide on a topic for my major history project. I've looked over some French terms, but I seriously need to start working on relearning it so that I will be able to translate. My teacher recommended reading French Newspapers which I think would be fun.

Monday, Heather and I hung out at Barnes and Noble - that was fun.  Looked around at books, and made her buy The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane which is amazing. So if you haven't read it, you should. I bought the first Rachel Morgan book, Dead Witch Walking. Things are beginning to be better explained, and I will let you know what I think as soon as I finish it.

Tonight I seriously need to clean the house and put up clothes. I avoided it all this weekend, and last night I wasn't home. Tomorrow a guy is coming to fix the gasket in my washer, so that's exciting.  I don't think I have any other random annoying thing to ramble about, so ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment