Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stress, School, Stress, Stupid....

All right, so S words seem to be my favorite thing right now. Lately I've been hyperventilating because of school beginning next week. Things have been crazy and hectic. So this is the story of the crazy/hectic-ness.

I have been thinking about changing my major from English:Creative Writing to English:Literature. This would allow me to take more Literature classes, which I have honestly enjoyed more than my writing classes. Not to mention the fact that I found out that the only teacher who teaches Im. Poetry allows no absences and I have to have that class next semester. The Nonfiction class that I would have this semester is a three hour night class, which is terrible and I'm not fond of nonfiction.  So, in order to switch my major and it all work with the classes I have, will need, and be able to graduate on time in the Spring, I needed this web class.

Well, the web class showed as closed but also showed one slot open. I contacted the teacher, who told me to contact the English secretary, and gave me no name. I finally found her email, and also contacted a previous teacher, and got an answer. Between the three classes she was teaching of it the numbers totaled full. Well why not limit the numbers more? I thought that was stupid. So there went my hope and I gave it up. Then Monday I randomly went and checked and someone had dropped! I added the class! I was soooo freaking excited. Yesterday, I checked to see if the money had gone out and realized the web class was going to cost me an extra 213 dollars because of the new fee WKU has applied to all web classes (WHICH IS STUPID).  So... I was pissed. I can't really afford that.

My husband has told me not to worry about it, but I still am. I also have Latin, which is not required but will help when I try to get my history masters, and I can't afford the hundred dollar book for it anymore. What makes me feel worse is that someone who is beyond awesome has offered to "loan" the money to me for it. Which I know he won't let me pay back. But still, very upset, and unclear what to do. I was looking forward to Latin even if I was worried about actually being able to do it. -sighs-  So confused, stressed and school is stupid!

So, there is that.  Last night I got to spend two hours in a hot tub with my wonderful friend Nikki and if you need something to destress you - that's it. Going back tonight after we go ride horses.  That should be fun. And destressing. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment