Sunday, August 5, 2012

Knitting/Fun/Yep

 So, isn't it beautiful? This is my new purse! Or well, as soon as the lining is added in by sister's mother-in-law. I didn't take a picture of the fabric I bought, but it is awesome as well. I will as soon as I get it back. It's rather cool.  I am in love with how this purse turned out, and Heather is the coolest person ever. It only took her like a week to do, and she knitted a hat!!!  I'll put another picture on after it's all finished.

I have over a hundred yards left of yarn (I think it's over two hundred actually), so I'm going to make a matching hat. I was looking at patterns, and I've decided on this Lucy hat because I love it and the pattern is cute. It calls for the same weight in yarn which is also important.  I'm rather excited. I had to buy the pattern for four dollars, and I have to wait for her to email it to me.

 I also found this hat, but it requires super bulky yarn. I'm in love. I'm such a nerd!!!  I plan on getting it as well and hopefully knitting it eventually. It's fun to be making my own stuff. For a little over forty dollars I'll have an awesome purse that's one of a kind and a matching hat!!!  Heather is awesome for teaching me!!!!  It was also my sister's idea to learn and she encouraged me to do it, so awesomeness all the way around.


My friend Nikki and I went out the other night, and this is a picture of us.  We got all fancy :P She even put makeup on me.  I had a great time and I got to wear my sparkly purple shoes again. Other than that, and Becky's today, not much has happened in the past week. Read another Rachel Morgan book of course (two actually) and am on the last one that is out. Umm, worked... yeah, not much to report on. If you want to know about the book, I've updated my blog post on it, and there is a link on the side --->

Laters peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I love Nikki's shoulder shrug things. I do not know the proper name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually part of the dress. Most of the upper back is black lace. Mine had metal strings on one arm.

    ReplyDelete