Sunday, February 17, 2013

Painting a Tardis

So, I have gone a streak about fixing up my house.  I've decided I'm going to bribe individuals to help me do things that need doing.  Like cleaning up the outside - I'm going to get rid of the pile of crap from my roof, the demolished items from my bathroom, and generally clean up the outside area.  My sister is going to help me plant some flower beds.  Heather and I (and another friend who offered to help) are going to repaint my living room, kitchen, and my upstairs. I'm also finding a way to fix my poor stairs that were half painted.


Summer Project List:
· Clean up front yard Plant flowers             · Make flower beds
· Plant trees/bushes                                    · Paint shutters
· Clean up backyard                                  · Set up a nice area outback
· Paint the picnic table                                · Get estimate on windows
· Paint the living room                                 · Paint the coffee table
· Install knobs in kitchen                             · Fix the pantry doors
· Paint the pantry doors                              · Get wood for bookshelves
· Figure out an entertainment center            · Paint the kitchen
· Paint the upstairs                                     · Fix the foyer
· Paint bedroom ceiling                              · Fix the utility room floor
· Change the kitchen floor

There are also a million other things I need to do, but I'm hoping to get this much done.  My mom is giving me money for graduation to go towards a new kitchen floor. Any and all other monetary donations would be more than welcome :)

On a much cooler note, I'm reorganizing my garage, and the storage area above it.  I'm going to try to move all the storage neatly into one part of the garage.  The upstairs is going to become the new hang out spot. Some of Heather's (and now mine) have a group meeting in Glasgow to play games and hang out. Glasgow is far away enough for me, and they have to pay for the spot, so it's a five dollar fee. Mine will be free, and in my backyard. I'm going to fix up both rooms as much as I can, and paint them.  And see what is lurking under the hideous flower laminate.  Heather and I are going to go all artistic on it. We are going to paint A TARDIS!!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?  Heather also has ambitions to paint the script from the One Ring on the wall or on a painting.  Any other nerdy ideas you would like to contribute would be more than welcome :) 

I already have a mushroom chair, a recliner, and a desk that can go out there. If I get to build my bookshelves, then the three I have in my house can go out there to hold games and such. If I can build a new entertainment center than the computer desk I'm using now can also go out there as well as the two side tables.  We would seriously need like some card tables and folding chairs. Any other furniture contributions would be more than welcome too!!!

Any help you would like to offer would be more than appreciated!  :)

1 comment:

  1. If I lived in the western part of the state I would help in a heartbeat :)

    ReplyDelete