Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stercum

Yep, that title is Latin.  And it's a curse word.  Try to figure it out :P

Anyways, this past week has literally sucked.  Last Saturday on the way home from my sister's, my car died. It began making terrible sounds, along with backfiring (or at least a smaller version of the noise), and losing power.  I managed to make it to a little store right before my house and pulled over. In the end, my father-in-law made it to my house in it, but we still have no idea what is wrong with it. He has been super busy, so he finally looked at it Tuesday, and still doesn't know. He has to buy the reader for the comp. chip in it.  Wish me luck.

Sunday, I woke up with a terrible terrible cold.  I felt horrible all day, but still managed to do some homework. I figured out that my car wouldn't even be looked at at about seven that night. Attempted to find a way to school and failed.  So I missed all four of my classes Monday.  There was a highlight of Monday but I'm keeping that to myself  :P I had an idea for a ride, but I woke up Monday with a migraine and just said "screw it."  So yeah.  I was really upset about that. Plus, I never got rid of my migraine. I managed to read throughout the idea because it didn't hurt, but I couldn't use my computer or even barely watch tv.  I tried all my methods for getting rid of it and it REFUSED!  Stercum.

So, Tuesday, still had a migraine. My husband's aunt took me to work however, and finally it went away around 11.  I was so happy.  But I was too exhausted to really care.  Sad, huh?  Still no word on the car either.  My sister won a spa party through the bank and it was Tuesday night at 6:30.  I rode with a friend we had invited.  We started over with a cleaning scrub, and then a lotion that heats up on your face and helps cleanse it. That was cool.  We proceeded to use instant manicure stuff on our hands and that smelled wonderful.  Finally, we came to several other things.  It was a sales pitch, but the lady was nice and we knew her from high school.  We got to put pedicure stuff on our feet, wrap them in plastic bags, then put on heated socks (those were awesome).  Our feet sat like that for a while.  We got magazines with the products, a sales pitch, tried different lotions and smelt different things.  Oh, and a lip therapy thing which was interesting. Then, with background music to boot, she put damp hot washcloths on our face that had this Detox bath soak on them.  OH MY GOD I LOVED IT.  It was so soothing. She turned off the light and went through some relaxation stuff and I loooved it.  It was great though because my sister's little boy came in and said "Time for eats!" before my brother-in-law could stop him. We all died laughing.  Finally, we went through a bit more, played a game for five dollars off, and someone got to draw for a prize. Heather, we missed you! I ordered the detox stuff.  It was AMAZING! I was so relaxed. For ten minutes. At the same time, my husband texted me towards the end of that he had locked his keys in his car and I needed to ride back with Nikki (the friend who brought me). -sighs-  I'm having my own party so I can get the free hot/cold wrap.

So, I wind up back in Bowling Green at 9:30 pm. With homework I needed to do that was at home. -sighs- My husband got off at 10.  I realize that I don't have a key to his car.  He needs me to help unlock it manually.  Which results in us spending almost two hours trying to hold a pry bar, use the hanger, and a flashlight to see.  My wrists were KILLING me.  It just wouldn't work, and he's done it before.  Finally I think to call a friend, and he comes and geniusly twists the hanger to catch the top of the door handle and unlock it. -sighs- It was after 1 am when I collapsed into bed. I also found out that my father-in-law needs  thing-a-ma-jig to read my car's comp. that night.

Wednesday, I made it to school.  I was sick, exhausted and just down right grumpy.  Sean woke me up that morning to tell me the cats spilled apple juice on my laptop and not to turn it on. My bibliography which I thought was due was on it and no where else.  OMG.  I talked to the teacher and she informed me it was moved to Friday.  Then mentioned the primary document that I forgot to read. Luckily it was only eight pages and I did that during a break. Latin was fun and I found out he forgot to pass an attendance sheet around Monday, so I got a free absence - THANK GOD. The day went okay, and after I got home I did a little work and watched The Avengers. I had another migraine.

Thursday, well that's today.  Still nothing on the car.  Still working on the bibliography and my paper for my other class.  I've gotten great feedback on it from fellow students (required in my online class) and the writing center.  They've all pointed out the ending, but it was a cop out. The girl from the writing center averaged 10 um-s a minute (I counted) in her audio feedback - I wanted to punch something. She was really sweet and said I had beautiful writing/voice though. I feel spiffy.  Less stressed. No headache. Nikki, one of my besties and my "person" put this on my Facebook wall:
"I know you have had a rough past 2 weeks and I sorry, but I want you to know I love you and I am always here for you. I give you hell and pick on you all the time because I luvses ooo!"

Aw, I love her :)  Tomorrow I have to drive my husband's car, get dog food, and come home to work my butt off. Next week is fall break and I am really looking forward to having the time off.  Plus, it will be awesome at the faire. I am sad that I have a paper due the Monday right after break, because I will have to do that this weekend. It never ends.

6 comments:

  1. Holy shit your week completely sucked. Poor thing.
    You could've sent me hateful texts about it to get it off your chest. I would literally text in all CAPS AND NEVER EXPECT AN ANSWER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lololol. I'll do that next time!! I knew you were stressed out so I didn't want to kill ya with my week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're cool. Pah-lease. That's what friends are for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll remember that :) And you better come to my party. It's even on a Friday with the whole weekend ahead for homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. LIES. Oh come on? You might win something. It's relaxing. Only takes a couple of hours. You love me.

      Delete