Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm Not Dead Yet

(Title anyone?)

All right, so the first week is over.  And I must say, thank god that it is, and THANK GOD FOR LABOR DAY!!!!  It is so sad that I needed this three day weekend already.  Sadly, after today I'm looking at a very scary vocab quiz in Latin on Wednesday. -shudders-

So, first week down.  Everyone cheer!  Heather and I have barely had time to text, we have both been so busy.  I've only seen my sister once.  Work was long and usual.  Classes.  Well, Latin seems like it will be very rewarding, if I do not scare myself to death from the stress of learning a new language. I've been trying to memorize these words and I am not having such a great time at it. I seem to be doing the drills okay, though there is one I haven't touch because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WANTS -AHHHH-

Ahem.  English Literature seems like it will be interesting, although slightly boring.  The teacher seems fun, but he is scatter brained, bless his heart. He goes off on random topics.  Beowulf is also the first thing we are doing, and I have that almost memorized. (Go Dr. Langdon!)  I've read it about four or five times now, not to mention reading it in high school.  I have to write a commentary for the class, which I shall do in a little bit.  I do like my teacher for this class, and I think it will be fun.  I also have it with some people I know, which is always a plus.

20th Century Europe is interesting.  It's a lecture class, but the teacher also really likes feedback and getting us to analyze things.  For whatever reason, I'm more fond of straight lecture because I like learning more than listening to other students.  Of course, this may be because I'm always either the only one out of three that will talk or my past experiences with Civil War girl and the guy who ever shuts up but only repeats what the teacher has said. And oh yeah, he's in this class. Yay meeeee.  I'm also never so fond of modern history, but hey, at least we talked about the Eiffle Tower and Paris!

Senior Seminar is going to kick my butt.  I have to figure out a basis for a research topic later today, so that should be fun.  Coffee anyone? And I have to be original. Crap!  A 25 page research original paper.  Oi, the fun this shall be. Sadly I'm scared and looking forward to it. I seem to have this emotion a lot.....   Oh, and civil war girl is in this class.  AHHHHHHH.....

My Advanced Composition class online is going pretty well.  I have it with quite a few friends which is awesome.  I'm not sad about dropping Nonfic but I really need to remember to change my major Wednesday.  This class is all about editing and your own writing, so I think I will really enjoy it.  After all, I always wanted to be an editor, I just refused to move to New York.

Well... that's a recap of my classes.  So far as anything else, Friday I didn't do too much, and Saturday, Nikki and I went shopping at Goodwill and then to Opry Mills.  They close at nine which is just plum ridiculous. I did get the absolute most comfy sweat pants (and they make my butt look good!).   Yesterday I read an Anita Blake book (That's two for this weekend), and sat around without electric for almost two hours.  I even did homework. Early.  Oh yeaaaaah.

Today, so far I've just sat around, started a third book, done some homework, and will eventually get off my butt, do dishes, shower, go see my sister for a bit, and come back to do more blasted homework.  Life is so much fun during school, isn't it?

I have no really funny conversations to relate. I had a few, but I waited so blasted long to blog that I've lost them.  Sad and disappointing, no?  I shall strive to be more funny, like Heather.  Or Angel.  (Heh, oh yeah, I've been watching Angel...)  Well, It is a three day weekend. I had time to slack off right? Right?  Please say I did....

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching Angel too. Been pushing myself through the horrible first season writing. They killed off the sexiest character there (Doyle) and now I'm only left with Angel, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very depressed about Doyle. I'm on Season two episode... like 7? maybe. Lol

    ReplyDelete