Friday, June 14, 2013

Plans for the Future!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

So I was looking up Comic Cons and I discovered the one in Chicago. And it's only six hours away.  AND CAPTAIN JACK FROM DOCTOR WHO WILL BE THERE! AND THE WEASLEY TWINS! I MUST GO! So I asked on Facebook about who would want to go with me, and Morgan instantly snagged a seat.  Heather and Jaccob are also hoping to go. My hubby and my friend Abbie may also go, but Walmart is evil and only approves days off three weeks in advance and tickets may be sold out at that point :(  I am so excited I cannot stand it.  If anyone would like to donate funds to my autograph fees that would be ever so awesome :P

I also registered Heather, myself and my sister for Jane Austen Festival in Louisville in July.  It is really fun, and we went last year.  There are pictures on Facebook if you are interested. Becky and I dressed up.  I got to drink the most amazing tea, and this year I am determined to buy some. Last year they were sold out.  We are attending a play this year about Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy and we are hoping that the same incredibly hot guy will be doing the show about men's fashion. We will also attend a four course tea.  Walk around the grounds, see the sights, and generally have a wonderful time.  They needed more shops last year, especially of higher quality stuff - it's sad that more people aren't into that time period.

I may also go to the Nashville Comic Con in October because a friend is going to it. It's cheaper and Kevin Sorbo will be there (if you don't know who he is then you suck!).  Plus, if I can't get to Spike in Chicago then he will also be in Nashville. It will be fun.  Not to mention that November 7th I will be teaming up with Kacy and going to see Straight No Chaser!!!  This year I am determined to have fun, lol.

I may actually be tutoring someone in computers soon so that is exciting, as it means extra money, which I really need for so many various things.  On that note, lord have I become so sad. I constantly look at things to spend money on.  I'm terrible.  And I admit it. Thank god my husband hoards his money because he hates spending it on random stuff and really all he buys is video games and not many of those.  Well, and LOL stuff.  So, yeah.  But 30% of mine goes to clothes, 50% on Fandom things, and 10% on food, and 10% on whatever. I really need to calm it down.  Of course I also put back all the necessary money for bills and gas.  I'm not totally irresponsible.  It's just that during the school year I would maybe (if I was lucky) have about thirty dollars extra from a check that I could be like, YEAH I WANNA BUY SOMETHING.  And usually not even that.  Oh well.  I have so many things I want to do, like fix up the game room about the garage, paint and redo stuff in the house, go to Comic Con, and all manner of things. -sighs- But I've become obsessed with stuff, and I'm going to try to tone that down some.  Really.  I promise.

I will be starting my Graduate Position in September, which I'm excited about because it means more money that Sean and I can put toward the house and stuff we need.  We have sooo much to do.  Richard has to fix the back wall and the bathroom - which we have the stuff for. We need to build on a back porch that is screened in for the cats, and replace the windows and put on siding.  Sooo much to do.  -sighs- Every time we save up for something it feels like something else breaks. We had enough to do the windows, and then our vanity broke the pipes in our bathroom, and then the toilet broke, and then the sink messed up. Then the a/c messed up. It's never ending. And don't get me started on the air unit!!! We've given up on it and just bought window units.  We spend 800 dollars to redo the stuff under the house and I think it was never actually the problem.  Not to mention the about 800 dollars that went towards the electric bills that were killer from where it wasn't supposed to be screwed up.  And then the other 70 dollars to have someone else look at the unit and find out it would be around another $400 to fix it. And we are worried that once again, it won't fix it so we just say SCREW IT!!!!  That would have been more than enough to replace our blasted windows which were my entire plan. And then Sean screwed up his car because he sneezed, went off the road a bit into a ditch, corrected the wheel, and managed to pop it up and go off the road the other way. He wasn't hurt but his car is in bad shape and we are trying to fix my Alero.  Sorry.  Long painful rant. I shall quit now. Anyways. Yeah.  Oi.

Well, in 6 more minutes I'm clocking out at work, meeting someone at B&N, then meeting Heather, then meeting Becky with Heather at Crafty Hands at 4, and then meeting Cole and friends to celebrate her birthday at Yuki's at 5.  This day of easy going turned into a very busy one!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to go to one of these. I hope you have an amazing time my friend!!

    ReplyDelete