Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Birthday Bash!

Friday the 4th was my Birthday!  I'm 23.  Spiffy to me :P I've got to do more stuff for my birthday this year than I have in a long time. It has been fun!  Still no cake though, which is slightly saddening.  On a better note, maybe I can convince my mom to buy me one when she comes down.

So Far:

~~From my sissy and brother-in-law I received A very awesome Hobbit map poster, and the Terra Azul lotion and body scrub. Lord that stuff smells amazing. She also took me to Panera, and got me two shirts and a Paris Calendar. We had an awesome sissy-time day together :)  That night we had family dinner at her house to celebrate, and Chris made breakfast and we played the Zombieeeee game.
~~From a friend, an awesome WKU hoodie/jacket.
~~From another friend, The Hobbit Companion of Art and Design.
~~My boss took me out to Panera!
~~My uncle took me to Lost River Pizza, gave me a Legolas Card (yummy!), and gave me a $25 dollar B&N card.
~~Abbie is taking me out to eat tonight and to watch Les Miserables.
~~The Hubby got me the Snowman and Santa to match my Penguin (Outside lit up decorations), as well as a Horse and carriage, bridge and Clockwork Business for my  Christmas village. (I always have him get me clearance Christmas decorations).
~~Momaw made me Biscuits and Gravy!
I think I'm forgetting something......
I still have some stuff coming my way.  This is the longest Birthday celebration I've ever had :P

In other news, my wheel bearing went out on my car.  It had been worked on right before I bought it. I contacted the shop owner, he contacted the previous owner, and the wheel bearing was fixed free of charge for me. I'm not sure what the whole story was, but the new owner bought the place in November. He told me he didn't have anything to do with what happened but he was fixing it.  Apparently they replaced the left one and not the right.  My father-in-law says they should always be replaced together.  And for it to have been all of a sudden as bad as it was, they probably greased it up and stuck it back on.  Eh. Morons.  So whatever happened, it's fixed and I'm happy.

As to my crisis events.  On Christmas Eve I opened a 360 dollar electric bill. We discovered that my air from the unit was cool.  Turns out some animal got under my house and ruined all my duct work.  It's going to cost 750 dollars to fix. We tried to turn it off and use Kerosene and our heater caught on fire.  My father-in-law helped us buy a new one.  Once my school money comes in we are going to fix it all because we'd just have to keep paying for kerosene as well as buy air conditioners for the summer.  So many problems.

On top of that, we've just had problem after problem. My sink clogged up so bad that I couldn't use it and it is the only sink we have for the moment.  So I couldn't do my dishes for like two weeks.  Finally my father in law used a shop vac to fix it.  We then figured out it had been leaking all this time because the people who hooked it up didn't fit the pipes all the way and cut them too short. My father-in-law fixed that. -sighs-  Morons works on my house. Morons. (It's my f-i-l's favorite word.)

Between Sean's car dying last summer, then my car dying, all the different problems we have run into with the cars and house, we are so broke.  I'm so tired of being broke. I'm going to start saving like a crazy person, and try to whatever I can.  There is so much I wanna do, darn it.  I've decided to repaint my Kitchen an actual parchment color, and I found a thing on pinterest that teaches you to paint laminate counters which I am going to try.  I'm repainting my living room a dark red color, painting my coffee table white, building built in book shelves along my back wall (my walmart bookshelves are dying), and trying to either find a nice entertainment center or buy one of those.  I also am just going to flat save up money.  The upstairs needs some major help as well. I've got to repaint the mancave and build in the railing that is up there.  There are so many projects. I love them, but sometimes I just want everything to be perfect. Of course, that will never happen.

So there is most of fun stuff I've been dealing with. Yay me!  I've also had some great times with family and friends.  I helped Cole with her Mother's house, and that was tons of fun. We had some fun together, I got to try on some really awesome hats, and I love helping out friends :) 

On a final note, the other day I was trying on a shirt at Old Navy.  I saw myself in the mirror. Dear God, I need to workout. It's not so very much that I mind the weight, (though I do.  I'm not calling myself fat but everyone has a stopping point.) but I want to be healthier.  That and I can't afford new clothes!!!

I cleaned quite a bit of my house yesterday. Finished the dishes, cleaned my utility room, cleaned my bedroom and my bathroom, did all the laundry and actually hung it all up.  I cleaned my fridge.  Yep.  Lots of usefulness. I then made a Mocha Spice Cake from scratch. Yum Yum.

There was something else I was going to ramble about but I have forgotten.  Peace, dear friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment