Sunday, May 12, 2013

(Almost) Everything You Need To Know About Me...



Personal Introduction
First off, talking about myself is generally not my favorite thing to do. Or at least I think this, but then I have a Facebook, this blog and I tend to ramble about myself quite a bit so you’ll have to forgive me. Overall, I’m quirky, weird, loving, happy and generally a crazy person to be around. I smile so much that if I’m not people think something is instantly wrong.  I love to read and write. Fiction is my game, and I tried my hand at my first fantasy story and am now turning it into a novel. I have won a few awards in my time for creative writing as well as research writing.  I have four cats (three inside, one out) and three dogs (One is my husbands, and I got an Australian Shepherd this summer. Her name is Arwen! Then we have Deeogee, my hubby's min pin/yorkie) I want people to know that I’m here to help, and I love being able to help others. I try to not care what others think, but I would like to be thought of as organized, friendly and probably a nerd.  If you want to know anything else about me, details of everything and anything can be found on my blog, and a million pictures on Facebook.

Facebook:

As to the most basic information, I am 23. I graduated in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts in History and English. I was married for four years on September 13th, and yes we were young but we have been together for seven years and we’ve done pretty great so far. High school sweethearts for the win! My husband and I live in our home town and are currently renovating our home – it was a tad bit of a fixer upper. I will be beginning my Student Affairs Masters in the Fall. I plan on working for WKU and continuing my education, getting another masters in history or English. I am determined to have a PhD one day or possibly an EDD. I finally figured out this summer that though History is my passion, I need a bit more security with something I’m going forty thousand dollars of debt for.  Currently I work at the LAC on South Campus for WKU as a tutor in English/Math and other random subjects. I love working with the other students, and it dawned on me it could be turned into a career and also get my other degrees paid for. VIOLA! I am a genius. I say it all the time, and it’s finally true (Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself). I will begin a different job as a Graduate Assistant in the Fall.

I’m obsessed with the Lord of the Rings and I was at the Hobbit midnight premiere! Ren Faires are some of my favorite things and I recently went to a Jane Austen festival. Pretty much anything involving costumes will grab my attention. I love animals, hanging with my friends, riding horses, reading, and watching an entire series in a short span of time (I watched all seven seasons of Buffy last summer.)  I'm a bit of a TV Zombie. I love Doctor Who.  I'm working on a (too) long list of all the shows I've seen every episode of.  Oh, I LOVE The Big Bang Theory.

If you want to know anything else, see said blog and facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment